He started his primary school in his hometown and, from 1909, he continued it in Iași, where he moved with his family. Also in Iași he attended the “Alexandru cel Bun” Gymnasium (1912 – 1914), after which he enrolled as an audience at the School of Fine Arts, in the class of painters and teachers Gheorghe Popovici and Constantin Artachino.
From the very first year of his studies, he was awarded the scholarship “Gh. Siller “.
In 1917 he retired from the School of Fine Arts in Iași and left for Bucharest, where he opened an exhibition in the “Mozart” hall.
In 1921, following a competition, he was admitted in the seventh year to the Higher Institute of Fine Arts in Rome but, after only a few months, for financial and health reasons, he returned to the country in 1922, first in Huși, then to Bucharest.
Between 1923 and 1929 he opened three solo exhibitions in the capital and undertook a documentary trip to Italy and France.
Together with Leon Alexandru Biju and Lucian Grigorescu, Gheorghe Chirovici, Paul Molda and Gheorghe Simotta, he founded the “Fine Arts Union”.
He was part of the Artistic Youth Society and of “Our Group”.
In 1950 he was appointed associate professor at the Department of Drawing, Painting and Composition at the Institute of Fine Arts „N. Grigorescu ”from Bucharest, and in 1952 he became a teacher, a position he held until 1966.
- The painting is a rural landscape with two characters. The center of interest is on the left side of the work underlined by a stronger chromatic and by the appearance of the characters.
- The details are meticulously crafted, tending towards a realistic rendering of the shapes.