He studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Iași (1947-1950) with Prof. Corneliu Baba, and at the “Nicolae Grigorescu” Institute of Fine Arts in Bucharest (1950-1953) with professors Alexandru Ciucurencu and Octavian Angheluță.
Member of the Union of Fine Artists since 1954. He made his debut in 1949 at the Salon of Moldova in Iasi.
From 1953 to 2001 he participated annually in all artistic events in Bucharest and Iasi: annual, biennial, regional, republican, festive, commemorative exhibitions – painting, graphics and decorative art.
Participates in group exhibitions with a program organized by the U.A.P. in Bucharest and at group exhibitions organized in Bucharest and in Iasi organized by the Bucharest Exhibition Office.
Participates in Romanian art exhibitions organized abroad in Vienna, Prague, Leningrad, Moscow, Calcutta, Venice, Florence, Marseille, Beijing, Sofia, Warsaw, Budapest, Berlin, Belgrade, Dresden, Nissa, Copenhagen, Istanbul, Ankara, Cairo, Alexandria, Damascus, Paris, Helsinki, Turin, Tokyo, Venice, Chisinau.
Participates in group exhibitions organized by the Ministry of Culture Abroad: “12 Romanian painters” in Hamburg, 1974, Berlin, 1974, Ldenschcheid 1973.
Participates in the international exhibition “Music, a subject in fine arts” in Bydgoszcz (Poland -1978).
Personal exhibitions: 1958, 1963, 1967, 1969, 1971, 1974 – Geneva, 1998,
2001 – Bucharest, 1984 – Bacău, Piatra Neamț, 1985 – Roman, 1997 – Bacău, 1997 – Piatra Neamț, 1998 – Maastricht (Netherlands), Berlin.