Spiru Chintilă (b. September 17, 1921, Bazargic, Romania – d. April 25, 1985, Bucharest, RS Romania) was a Romanian painter, representative of Cubism.
September 17, 1921 – he was born in Bazargic (Caliacra County), Spirachi, son of Iani and Vasilica Chintilă
1940 – Following the surrender of Romania to the territory of Quadrilater (Durostor and Caliacra counties) in favor of Bulgaria, the family takes refuge in Constanța, some of the relatives also settle in Medgidia
1928 – 1941 – he attends school in Bazargic, then, from the 8th grade, at the Mircea cel Bătrân High School in Constanța
1977, 1979 – Art Galleries of Bucharest
1980 – “Oil Paintings” exhibition, Oelbilder, Bawag Foundation, Vienna, Austria.
Together with Eugen Popa and Constantin Crăciun he created the mural painting at the House of Culture „Gh. Gheorghiu-Dej ”from Bucharest (1959). Stained glass windows at the People’s Council, Focșani (1970). Ceramic mosaic together with Simona Vasiliu (“Science in the service of human health”) at the Hospital of Constanța (1972), Marble mosaic together with Simona Vasiliu (“Flora and Fauna of the Delta”) at a hotel in Tulcea (1979). Together with Romeo Voinescu ceramic mosaic in Tulcea (1978).
With Titu Drăguțescu and Romeo Zamfirescu ceramic mosaic (“Art and Culture”) at the House of Culture in Câmpina (1979). Together with Titu Drăguțescu the project of a ceramic mosaic for the House of Culture from Medgidia (1984).